Tornado Alley – featuring the tallest and fastest water flumes of their kind in the UK – opened at Waterworld in time for the August bank holiday 2019.
The opening of these rides marks the end of a mammoth construction project, and the first stage of a huge new era for Waterworld which cements our position as the UK’s number one indoor tropical aqua park.
- The largest two rides are more than 16.5m (54ft) hight – making them the tallest and fastest in the UK;
- Riders can reach speeds of 39kph;
- Around 300 tonnes of steelwork have been used;
- Roughly 3,300 tonnes of concrete has been poured into the construction;
- The 75,000sq ft extension will be three-storeys high;
- A changing room upgrade has seen 1,000 new ‘digital lockers’;
- Eight new energy-efficient boilers have been fitted.